Server name search
333networks wrote a masterserver for all your legacy games from scratch, monitors UT(demo) servers and provides you with server information and UT(demo) resources! Keep an eye on your UT server, read our tutorials and join our community! At 333networks, we try to keep improving wherever we can. We do this as a hobby, for recreation, out of curiousity, and to make new friends.
Loss of a member
Today we are confronted with the loss of Mr. Hammie, one of our legacy mascots. Mr. Hammie was always there to support 333networks and kept the servers running against all odds. His duties were heavy, especially after the passing of late Mrs. Hammie, past January. At the start of last week, Mr. Hammie struggled with eating and drinking and showed severe signs of old age. May he be greeted in hamster-heaven with carrots and apples.
Mr. Hammie (right) was two years and seven months old, he left seven children behind. We will miss both of them.
Master Server News (10 January, 2016)
In the past year, we accomplished quite a few things. We brought you a forum, a wiki and continued our support for Unreal Tournament, Unreal, Star Trek: Bridge Commander and many other games.A short overview of the most important places:
- Find more information and news about our master server on the new news page. Of course, important news will also show on the front page.
- The source-code of the master server(s) and website(s) can be found at http://git.333networks.com.
- Together with The Errorist Network, we started our own forum. This platform is a development corner for UEngine games and the 333networks masterserver + games using it. Visit us at forum.errorist.tk and sign up!
- We have our own wiki at http://wiki.333networks.com. To keep spam out, you can only contribute after requesting an account at one of the administrators at our IRC channel, or by emailing 333networks. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an account.
- Wondering if your favourite game is supported yet?
Check it in our live master overview page! All these games work with the 333networks master server. More information is found in our wiki (supported games). Still doubts? Contact us!
For 2016, we have a few year's resolutions. We plan on improving the masterserver, our site(s) and better contact with the many communities that 333networks maintains contact with. We plan to start spending some time on Twitter, Facebook and any other medium we can find. Of course, we will need a bit of help.We hope to get the following things done in 2016:
- Social media
We have never been really big fans of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other media, but we realize that most of our audience use it a lot. We want to publish news, updates and release information more often and to a larger audience, but we need a few people who (want to) spend a lot of time on social media and know their way around with getting in touch with many people.
- Web site design
So far we always designed the backend of the site and made a simple web interface with it that you have always been using, without complaints so far. But our designs are becoming dated, they look like they were put together by a few teenagers, instead of old, weary neckbeards. We would like a few people who have ideas on making the site attractive, efficient and better accessible. I mean, this huge heap of text with all new features, did anybody even read this far?
The core of 333networks these days. We have been experimenting and improving a lot, but it is now time to bring our software to the next level. We are out of the development stage, we know that this is possible and that it works. Now we have to rewrite the masterserver for industrial use, for thousands of visitors at the same time. We hope to bring you a significantly better written masterserver by summer.
Quite often we get requests for support for different games. In the past year and a half we barely added any games to our repertoire, while a lot of people are still counting on us. We want to add UT2003 to our masterserver, because a lot of other games depend on this protocol.
So what have we been doing?
We have been working on a new interface for 333networks. A lot of things are not in order yet, but there are a number of features that work now.
- obviously, the different lists: it shows all games that are (theoretically) supported and all games that have more than one server online
- country flags! a lot of people asked for these and we finally got it working!
- easy browsing: sort servers, search through them, browse by server name
- user logins: you can now register and log in (this is a functionality that will slowly be expanded with time and requests, specific supported domains/content will be announced with the official release)
- favourites: when you have a 333networks account, you can [u]add your favourite servers to your own list[/u] and have them available with one click!
Since June 2015, 333networks hosts a Killing Floor [ut2k4 kfmod2.52] server as backup for the MiA community. This Unreal Tournament 2004 mod, several additions from [MiA] provides a challenging cooperative horror game, where you and your team try to stay alive while zombies invade our realm.
Together with The Errorist Network, we started our own forum. This platform is a development corner for UEngine games and the 333networks masterserver + games using it. Visit us at forum.errorist.tk and sign up!
333networks runs a MasterServer. This is essential for online gameplay. How does this work? Why is it so important that these MasterServers exist? And what happens if one of them goes down? Find out in this tutorial.
333networks also has a wikipedia now. We try to add new information regularly, but to complete our works, we need your help. Please contact us to get an account. You can find the wiki at wiki.333networks.com.
When you start browsing for online UT(demo) games, you get a list of online games automatically. How does this work? And how can you add your own online games to the list? What happens when the so-called MasterServer goes down? Are there alternative servers?
[read this tutorial...]
Since the first Unreal Tournament servers were started, people wanted to play for pleasure. To make the game more enjoyable for all players, some player rules were written. But later on, some admins did not act as responsible and respectable as the players. Therefore, a second set of rules was written to remind admins how to behave and act honorable. These rules were combined into an admin guide.
[read this tutorial...]
Recently added servers
These servers were recently added to the 333networks master server. Adding your server can be done with these instructions.
Though 333networks looks complete already, there are still a lot of things we want to do. Below, there is a list of functions to be implemented or sorted out.
- Finish [search] function (realtime player/admin/server searching, etc)
- Ability for admin to post blog-like news, allow reactions on click.
- Integrate download database with UTDemo mods (and perhaps UTFull)
- additional styles --> Sesmar, perhaps Phobos and/or Coret --> user-submitted ideas?
- Integrate the screenshots website.
- Write a user-section to store user-favorites
Write documentation for 333networks' master server and website.
tabs, gametypes Ability to blacklist servers Add content to static pages Integrate forum / comments Write a proper bot to update database Rewrite site to TUWF